Welfare / Ways & Means...
You've heard we have a lot of fun, but did you know that we have a charitable side to our club as well? Funds raised through our Thrift Shop, Ways & Means efforts and Charity Events have made a positive impact on our community. The Thrift Shop is located in the USAFA Community Center and is open Tuesday-Friday. The Ways & Means Committee sets up a table with wonderful Opportunity Prizes at every spouse social where all will have a chance to win prizes with the purchase of Opportunity tickets!
Scholarship Awards: The USAFA ASC has awarded about $16,000 in college scholarships annually. Congratulations to our winners!
Other Giving: During the year, we are pleased to be able to donate funds to local and military organizations in need. If you would like to request funds for your non-profit organization, click below for information.
Here are just a few of the wonderful programs to which the Academy Spouses' Club has donated in the past:
- Academy Equestrian Center Wounded Warrior Program
- Airman and Family Readiness Center
- Airman's Attic
- Academy Quarterly and Annual Awards
- SNCO Induction Ceremonies
- Fisher House
- Air Force Villages
- Deployed Family Member Program
- American Red Cross
- Pikes Peak Hospice
- Care and Share Food Bank
- Curtis and Mrs. LeMay Foundation
- Douglass Valley Elementary PTO
- Academy Base Picnic
- Academy Firefighter's Association
- Autism Association
- Peterson Spouses' Club Breast Cancer Fundraiser
- National Prayer Breakfast
- Enlisted Dorms BarBQ
- Deployed Story Reading Program
- First Sergeants' Harvest Share Baskets
- Friends of Family Volunteer Appreciation
Contact the Welfare Chairman at: USAFAasc@gmail.com
Academy Spouses' Club Updates can be found on the:
- Academy Spouses' Club:
- P.O. Box 78, USAF Academy, CO 80840-0078
- Contact Membership: Membership
The Thrift Shop is open Tuesday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Consignments are accepted from 9:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. ONLY.